Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 20102003

Hi,
I'm making a membership spreadsheet for my club using Excel 2010.
This finished Spreadsheet will be handed to our secretary who uses an
earlier version of Excel.
I have conditional formatting in place and works fine.

Saving the spreadsheet as a 2003/2007 Spreadsheet gives a warning that the
conditional formatting
will be removed as it's not compatible with earlier versions.
I'm prepared to do it over so it can be used with the conditional formatting
in the earlier version.

Can I switch my 2010 version of excel to the compatibility of earlier
versions.

TIA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jul 16, 7:41*am, "Mario" wrote:
Hi,
I'm making a membership spreadsheet for my club using Excel 2010.
This finished Spreadsheet will be handed to our secretary who uses an
earlier version of Excel.
I have conditional formatting in place and works fine.

Saving the spreadsheet as a 2003/2007 Spreadsheet gives a warning that the
conditional formatting
will be removed as it's not compatible with earlier versions.
I'm prepared to do it over so it can be used with the conditional formatting
in the earlier version.

Can I switch my 2010 version of excel to the compatibility of earlier
versions.

TIA.

2003 uses an entirely different cf. You will have to write the cf in
2003 which may/may not work in 2010. OR, do by macro to uncolor cells
and then re-color based on requirements.