Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007: AutoFormat for PivotTables

Hello, I've recently made the migration to Excel 2007 (from Excel 2003) and
can't seem to find a feature that I used very often. After dropping all the
column/row/data fields in my PivotTable, I would choose the option for
"Format Report" that had a bunch of canned report templates that could be
used to made the large report much more readable. I personally used "Report
6" all the time.

I know that Excel 2007 has all the pretty design stuff with the
colors/shading of rows, but the problem is that it just changes the look and
doesn't reformat the way the data is actually arranged. My PivotTable goes
on for 200 columns, so it's definately not in a printable format (this is
where the auto-format came into play). I've messed with the
design/grouping/style options, but cannot seem to recreate what was present
in Excel 2003. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The same Autoformat is available under "Commands not in ribbon" - and so this exact same menu of Autoformat for pivot tables can be added to your Quick Access Toolbar.

1. Office Button
2. Excel Options button (appears lower right)
3. Customize (appears left side)
4. Commands Not in the Ribbon (drop down selection)
5. AutoFormat
6. Add
7. check Show Quick Access Toolbar Below the Ribbon

Now you have the familiar lightning bolt icon available for the Excel 2003 Autoformat including number 6.

This format is absolutely essential to working with long labels in outline format. I often use Autoformat number 6 just to view outline text without any kind of numeric content involved.