Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sending file and opening (excel 2003)

When i send a file to my co-workers when they open the file they have to
click enable macros (how or can i get this to not pop up). Also they have to
click on the following button five times or so in order for them to be able
to go and open the file to view. This is what the message says: Data may have
been lost they click that button 5 times for so and then it goes away and
then they can view. What's up with that and what do i need to do so that they
don't have to do that?
--
Thank you, Brenda
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For macro security warning users have to adjust their settings, you can not
do anything if your file has macros...

Do you have links to other files on your system? If yes, then also you can
not do anything about the warnings... users may be able to suppress them but
that is not a good idea...

Are you on Excel 2003 and users on 2007?

"Brenda" wrote:

When i send a file to my co-workers when they open the file they have to
click enable macros (how or can i get this to not pop up). Also they have to
click on the following button five times or so in order for them to be able
to go and open the file to view. This is what the message says: Data may have
been lost they click that button 5 times for so and then it goes away and
then they can view. What's up with that and what do i need to do so that they
don't have to do that?
--
Thank you, Brenda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

using 2003

everything is linked in that spreadsheet not to other files. I have files
hidden etc. I don't get that message but others do.

--
Thank you, Brenda

"Brenda" wrote:

When i send a file to my co-workers when they open the file they have to
click enable macros (how or can i get this to not pop up). Also they have to
click on the following button five times or so in order for them to be able
to go and open the file to view. This is what the message says: Data may have
been lost they click that button 5 times for so and then it goes away and
then they can view. What's up with that and what do i need to do so that they
don't have to do that?
--
Thank you, Brenda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What he is referring to is each user of excel needs to check their macro
security.
Go to menu Tools|Macro, Security. If it is anything except LOW, they will
most likely get that security warning.

There is 'something' you could do. (As I advise against setting LOW
security). Do searches on how to a Digital Signature. Then add the Digital
Signature to all your macros. Then for each user, add your Digital Signature
as a trusted source, and you should have a little more success.
--
** John C **
Please remember, if your question is answered, to check the YES box below.

"Brenda" wrote:

When i send a file to my co-workers when they open the file they have to
click enable macros (how or can i get this to not pop up). Also they have to
click on the following button five times or so in order for them to be able
to go and open the file to view. This is what the message says: Data may have
been lost they click that button 5 times for so and then it goes away and
then they can view. What's up with that and what do i need to do so that they
don't have to do that?
--
Thank you, Brenda

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C[_2_] View Post

"Brenda" wrote:

When i send a file to my co-workers when they open the file they have to
click enable macros (how or can i get this to not pop up). Also they have to
click on the following button five times or so in order for them to be able
to go and open the file to view. This is what the message says: Data may have
been lost they click that button 5 times for so and then it goes away and
then they can view. What's up with that and what do i need to do so that they
don't have to do that?
--
Thank you, Brenda

I am totally agree with you Matt, and to add a digital signature is quite easy and it can be quite useful application for you and your employees. Digital signatures are just like your personal signature and any document which carries your digital signature is regarded as authentic.

Digital certificate