Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need formula to test if cell is a multiple of 28, but not including 28

I have successfully used =IF(MOD(G3,28)=0 to identify whether my cell value is a multiple of 28, but I need for it to exclude 28 itself.

The very simple formula that I use thereafter =(E7/28)*$G$3 works fine. I've tried all kinds of nested if statements and I can't seem to find a solution here.

Any help much appreciated.

Waz'
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have successfully used =IF(MOD(G3,28)=0 to identify whether my cell
value is a multiple of 28, but I need for it to exclude 28 itself.

The very simple formula that I use thereafter =(E7/28)*$G$3 works
fine. I've tried all kinds of nested if statements and I can't seem
to find a solution here.

Any help much appreciated.

Waz'

Try...

IF(MOD(G3-28,28)=0,<then it's a multiple,<else it's not a multiple)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Garry,

Am Sat, 04 Jun 2016 03:31:12 -0400 schrieb GS:

IF(MOD(G3-28,28)=0,<then it's a multiple,<else it's not a multiple)

Mod(0,28) is 0 too
Try:
=AND(G3<28,MOD(G3,28)=0)

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Garry,

Am Sat, 04 Jun 2016 03:31:12 -0400 schrieb GS:

IF(MOD(G3-28,28)=0,<then it's a multiple,<else it's not a
multiple)

Mod(0,28) is 0 too
Try:
=AND(G3<28,MOD(G3,28)=0)

Regards
Claus B.

OR?...
IF(G328,IF(MOD(G3,28)=0,<THEN,<ELSE),<ELSE?)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Friday, 3 June 2016 15:59:00 UTC-6, Wazzel wrote:
I have successfully used =IF(MOD(G3,28)=0 to identify whether my cell value is a multiple of 28, but I need for it to exclude 28 itself.

The very simple formula that I use thereafter =(E7/28)*$G$3 works fine. I've tried all kinds of nested if statements and I can't seem to find a solution here.

Any help much appreciated.

Waz'

Thanks so very much! It worked perfectly.