tomcat

Default How do I copy formulas from one wkb to another w/out linkng them?

How do I copy a formula from one workbook to another so that the pasted
formula does NOT have a link back to the copied workbook...... WITHOUT
redirecting/editing the Link?
milazalu

Hey,

try to mark the cell you want copy, than go to the cell in another workshhet
and go to the "edit - paste special - formula" or HOTKEY: ALT+E, then S, then
it should help you...

tomcat pÃ*Å¡e:

How do I copy a formula from one workbook to another so that the pasted
formula does NOT have a link back to the copied workbook...... WITHOUT
redirecting/editing the Link?

Dave Peterson

Maybe copying from the formula bar and pasting into the formula bar will do what
you want.

--

Dave Peterson
Ross

Copy the formula as it is. Select Edit Links, highlight the link you
want to change, select 'Change Source' and pick the spreadsheet you are
in. Click OK and you'll find the cell reference is in your current
spreadsheet.

tomcat

This works well EXCEPT that my formula is too long for some of the links to
convert...even if I change the filenames to 1 letter...which is also
cumbersome. (mostily I am trying to keep this simple for customers to use)

"Ross" wrote:

Copy the formula as it is. Select Edit Links, highlight the link you
want to change, select 'Change Source' and pick the spreadsheet you are
in. Click OK and you'll find the cell reference is in your current
spreadsheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thursday, July 7, 2005 3:21:22 PM UTC-4, tomcat wrote:
How do I copy a formula from one workbook to another so that the pasted
formula does NOT have a link back to the copied workbook...... WITHOUT
redirecting/editing the Link?

This is an old post, but I found it when trying to do this...

In Excel 2013, Options, Advanced, Display Options For This Worksheet, Show Formulas In Cells Instead Of Their Calculated Results. Then you can copy and paste the formulas as plain text into Notepad and then copy and paste them into the other Excel worksheet.

Dale
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thursday, July 7, 2005 3:21:22 PM UTC-4, tomcat wrote:
How do I copy a formula from one workbook to another so that the
pasted formula does NOT have a link back to the copied
workbook...... WITHOUT redirecting/editing the Link?

This is an old post, but I found it when trying to do this...

In Excel 2013, Options, Advanced, Display Options For This Worksheet,
Show Formulas In Cells Instead Of Their Calculated Results. Then you
can copy and paste the formulas as plain text into Notepad and then
copy and paste them into the other Excel worksheet.

Dale

You can also NOT go through all that and just simply select the cell
(displays formula results), then select the formula displayed in the
Formula Bar to copy/paste elsewhere.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thursday, July 7, 2005 at 12:21:22 PM UTC-7, tomcat wrote:
How do I copy a formula from one workbook to another so that the pasted
formula does NOT have a link back to the copied workbook...... WITHOUT
redirecting/editing the Link?

This may not completely apply. I wanted to reveal the formulas in another worksheet as part of a presentation of how the data is managed. I copied the cells to a fresh worksheet (so as not to loose the functional data) using the paste special--formulas, and then revealed the formulas (cntrl + ~). I then searched and replaced "+" with ""). formulas revealed and copy-able to anther worksheet.

--David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 4:43:37 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, July 7, 2005 at 12:21:22 PM UTC-7, tomcat wrote:
How do I copy a formula from one workbook to another so that the pasted
formula does NOT have a link back to the copied workbook...... WITHOUT
redirecting/editing the Link?

This may not completely apply. I wanted to reveal the formulas in another worksheet as part of a presentation of how the data is managed. I copied the cells to a fresh worksheet (so as not to loose the functional data) using the paste special--formulas, and then revealed the formulas (cntrl + ~).. I then searched and replaced "+" with ""). formulas revealed and copy-able to anther worksheet.

--David

sorry, that's "=" with ""

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for this! I was able to copy 300+ lines of formulas from one worksheet to another with blanks in between some lines without issue.