Junior Member

Default Total Number of shifts calculation

Hi,

Can someone please help me with a formula to convert following

Total hours worked into total nimbers of shifts @ 8 hours

eg. 133:42:40 = 16.7 Shifts

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Smirre wrote:

Can someone please help me with a formula to convert following

Total hours worked into total nimbers of shifts @ 8 hours

eg. 133:42:40 = 16.7 Shifts

The cell(s) that have the shifts need to be formatted as "Number", then just
multiply the time worked by 3.

--
Everyone's dead except Australia, and they're still like, "WTF?"
....but they'll be dead soon. ****ing kangaroos.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auric__ View Post
Smirre wrote:

Can someone please help me with a formula to convert following

Total hours worked into total nimbers of shifts @ 8 hours

eg. 133:42:40 = 16.7 Shifts

The cell(s) that have the shifts need to be formatted as "Number", then just
multiply the time worked by 3.

--
Everyone's dead except Australia, and they're still like, "WTF?"
....but they'll be dead soon. ****ing kangaroos.
Hi
Assuming that the data is in A1.
=ROUND(A1*24/8,1)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Kevin@Radstock wrote:

Auric__;1622733 Wrote:
Smirre wrote:
-
Can someone please help me with a formula to convert following

Total hours worked into total nimbers of shifts @ 8 hours

eg. 133:42:40 = 16.7 Shifts-

The cell(s) that have the shifts need to be formatted as "Number", then
just
multiply the time worked by 3.

--
Everyone's dead except Australia, and they're still like, "WTF?"
....but they'll be dead soon. ****ing kangaroos.

Okay, I know excelbanter is a web forum and not a real Usenet client, but
does it really include the sig in quoted text? Keven, in the future, please
remove sigs from your quoted text. (Everything after the "-- ".)

....Also, nice censorship, excelbanter. Makes me want to do a post of nothing
but swear words, just to fill your db with *really* useless data.

Hi
Assuming that the data is in A1.
=ROUND(A1*24/8,1)

....and 24/8 = 3, which is what I said. [shrug]

--
A very wise person once said that a married man can be either right or happy
but never both at the same time. Never have truer words been spoken.
Member

Kevin@Radstock wrote:

Auric__;1622733 Wrote:
Smirre wrote:
[...]