Junior Member

Default Employee Schedule not plotting properly - chart type / data series not correct

Hello,

Attached is my spreadsheet (SHIFT_COMPARE) which is supposed to plot the work hours that employees are scheduled to work vs the day they are working, on a weekly basis.

It consists of 3 worksheets: "Const", "Sched", & "Chart".

"Const" = a "back end" sheet containing constants & raw data which I used to create static & dynamic ranges

"Sched" = the data sheet where the manager will select the employee & choose that employee's start time & day(s) they are requested to work

"Chart" = the output of "Sched" in a visual chart showing each employee's work schedule per day and time, on a weekly basis.

For this example, all I'm showing is an abbreviated version of "Sched" (in reality, the work days & shifts are 24/7)

Anyway, I'm having difficulty presenting the chart the way I want it to be presented.

For instance, if Emp1 is scheduled to work on Sun from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, I want it to show a bar for Emp1 starting on Sun (X-axis) from 7:00 AM on the Y-axis & goes to 3:00 PM on the Y-Axis. (and likewise for all other Employees & their respective work schedules).

However, it seems to be starting each employee from 12:00 Midnight (rather than their correct start time), as well as plotting the Start Time (i.e, "7:00 AM") as one point vs Midnight and the End Time (ie, 3:00 PM) as another point vs Midnight - obviously it should plot it as one bar going from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, and appropriately for each additional day worked, as well as appropriately for each employee.

I'm pretty sure this has to do w/ Excel choosing the data in a series that I'm not wanting - but I'm not sure how to fix it?

While I'm "begging" for help, 1 other (minor, albeit annoying) issue:

1.) the legend creates instances for all employees, regardless of whether they have been scheduled to work that week or not (in my example Employee 4 is not scheduled to work at all, yet he shows up in the Legend).

Any & all help provided will be most appreciated.

Thank you,
Rob
Excel 2003, SP3
Attached Files
File Type: zip SHIFT_COMPARE.zip (9.9 KB, 103 views)