Member

Default Skinny bars?

Hello,

I have a bar chart. One axis is by week (Oct through Dec). Somehow the thick bars turned super duper skinny. I tried the gap controls etc. and it didn't work (still super skinny and far apart). This is Excel 2010. Any ideas?

When I change the weeks from actual dates to "week1, week2, week3" it goes back to normal, but I need it to list the dates (not just week 1 etc.). I've tried everything. Help!

Thanks,

J-
Junior Member

Hi JonathanK

I believe that it is because excel is putting in every date in your range and thus adding many more data points and making your columns very small.

There is a setting in the Horizontal Axis where you can force Excel to either do dates or text axis.

Check that box to solve your problem.

Steve=True
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

--

JonathanK1

sounds like your axis is in date format. Excel detected the dates.
Change it to another option and you will be ok.

Bob