Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Keeping running tallies of items in two columns

I need to keep separate running numerical tallies for products. The products
are listed in column C, and their quantities are listed in column B. Column
C can contain various products, listed multiple times. For example:

Column B Column C
1 Product A
4 Product C
2 Product B
5 Product C
3 Product A

The running totals for each product a
Product A = 4
Product B = 2
Product C = 9

I could do this myself with some simple in-cell If/Then statements, except
that the total number of unique products I am working with is 117.
Furthermore, the size (number of rows) of the list fluctuates. So I am
looking for a macro that will look at the values in column C and tally the
quantities in column B.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

No macro needed, just this little formula.

With headings in row 1, set up a unique list of your products in
column F and put this formula in G2 and copy it down:

=SUMPRODUCT($B$2:$B$1000,--($C$2:$C$1000=F2))

Best regards,
Per