Junior Member

Default Need lot of help with linking spreadsheets

Ok, so I want to start this out saying that I'm not asking for someone to code this all for me...I know that would be dumb. I just need help being pointed in the right direction. I do have a limited knowledge of VB.

Ok so what I want to do is:

I have a file (a) that is created nightly...saved under a new name based on the date.
I want to create a program/file that, when run, will
open a second static file (b)
then run a macro to update specific cells within (b) with specific data from (a).
- the data in (a) is always saved to the same cells in each new sheet
- the data in (b) needs to move over each night. (if I need to make several programs to do this that's fine, but I was thinking that there has to be a way to update that with some sort of array)
- once the data is updated, I want to run a macro I have already created to print several copies of some sheets in the wb.
- and finally I would like to save, and email the new file to a specific person's email.

can someone please point me to some tutorials that will detail how to do each of the things I need? Like I said, I'm gladly willing to look up the stuff and do the work. I just keep getting sent to random threads here when I google stuff so I figured this would be easier.
Junior Member

so far I have:

[code]Sub test()
'
' test Macro
'
Dim fileName As String
Dim fileName1 As String
' prompt the user to get the name of the file(s) to open

fileName = Application _
.GetOpenFilename()

fileName1 = Application _
.GetOpenFilename()

' opens both files
Excel.Application.Workbooks.Open (fileName)
Excel.Application.Workbooks.Open (fileName1)

' format the cells
' to make sure they copy correctly
Range("B1:B26").NumberFormat = "Genral"

' for loop to get data

For i = 6 To 23
Select Case i
Case Is = 6 ' assign: net sales
%2

Last edited by dctrs8tn : March 2nd 11 at 09:12 AM
Junior Member

Iam not sure if there is amcse "fix" for this or not in Zimbra Desktop.mcitp, , We often have appointments that overlap. (One starts at 9 & ends at 10:30 70-640 exam ,
while another starts at 10 & ends at 11) The normal calendar view in Zimbra causes the overlapping appointments to also 70-680 exam, overlap visually rather than being shown side by side so you cannot easily read the description in both appointments. Is there a setting somewhere than can change this view?photo retoucher,