Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Frequently used formulas

Is there a way to access frequently used formulas easily? I have a report
where I need to import the data and then type in the same formula each time
in order to create analyzable results. Is there a quicker way?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'm not sure this will work well for you, but it might be worth a try.

Why not create a workbook with just the formulas in place, but without the
data? Then you'd open that workbook, import the data into it and save it out
with a new name?

If that's not good for you, perhaps simply copying the formulas into a
notepad (.txt) file and saving it so that you can open it and copy and paste
from it later?

One other way I could think of IF the formula is always typed in the same
way, into the same cell(s) and using references to the same cells to get
its/their values from would be to Record a Macro while entering the
formula/formulas -- when you start recording it, give it a
easy-to-remember-meaningful name and save it into your PERSONAL.xls workbook,
so that it is always available to you no matter what workbook you have open.
Then execute the macro/macros when you need to enter those exact same
formulas in the same exact locations in a new workbook.

"Kate" wrote:

Is there a way to access frequently used formulas easily? I have a report
where I need to import the data and then type in the same formula each time
in order to create analyzable results. Is there a quicker way?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Quicker could be a set of macros that wrote the formulas for you.

Really quick would be to create a Template to import the data into.

The formulas would already be in place.......just need the data.

To create the Template, open a new workbook.

Format and enter the formulas where you will need them.

Save As Template(*.xlt) in 2003 and earlier or (*.xltx) in 2007.

Sort of quick would be to have a sheet with the formulas written preceded by
an apostrophe to make them Text.

When needed, copy and remove the apsotrophe.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP