Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Spreadsheet with 12 tabs all formatted the same. XL2003

I have Excel 2003 at work and 2007 at home. I am setting up a spreadsheet
with 12 tabs (months) and I want them to have the same format in all 12. I
know there has to be a way to do this quickly. I can do it in 2007 maybe
2003 does not have that capability.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Several ways to do this.

Insert sheets until you have 12 sheets.

Right-click and "select all sheets"

Do what you want to active sheet and will be done to all.

If you already have one sheet as you wish, simply copy that sheet once.

Now you have two sheets.

Select both sheets and copy.

Now you have 4 sheets

Select those 4 and copy again etc.

Do it with a macro.

Sub CreateNameSheets()
' by Dave Peterson
' List sheetnames required in col A in a sheet: List
' Sub will copy sheets based on the sheet named as: Template
' and name the sheets accordingly

Dim TemplateWks As Worksheet
Dim ListWks As Worksheet
Dim ListRng As Range
Dim mycell As Range

Set TemplateWks = Worksheets("Template")
Set ListWks = Worksheets("list")
With ListWks
Set ListRng = .Range("a1", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))
End With

For Each mycell In ListRng.Cells
TemplateWks.Copy After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)
On Error Resume Next
ActiveSheet.Name = mycell.Value
If Err.Number < 0 Then
MsgBox "Please fix: " & ActiveSheet.Name
Err.Clear
End If
On Error GoTo 0
Next mycell

End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:09:01 -0800, pegbill1
wrote:

I have Excel 2003 at work and 2007 at home. I am setting up a spreadsheet
with 12 tabs (months) and I want them to have the same format in all 12. I
know there has to be a way to do this quickly. I can do it in 2007 maybe
2003 does not have that capability.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi,

I see this thread.

I tried the first 2 method.

It works fine in the 1st method.

For the 2nd method, kindly explain further.

For ex - if i have 12 sheets. I will highlight the whole sheet 1, copy and
paste in sheet 2. Then highlight both sheet 1 & 2, then copy and paste ?

Gord Dibben wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

If you already have 12 sheets, no need to copy anything.

Method 2 was to be used if you have only 1 sheet to start with.

Select tab of sheet1 and CRTL + drag to create a copy of that sheet.

Now select tab of sheet1 and sheet1(2) and right-clickmove or copycreate a
copy and OK

Now you have 4 sheets.

Etc. Etc.

Gord

Gord Dibben wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

How about the format painter??
open the sheet with the good formatting select the very top left colum and
row heading box. this will "select all" then click the paint brush button on
the menu bar open the tab you want to fix and click the top left heading box
"select all" and it will make the formatting the same on both tabs.

.