Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default variable path

I'm trying to vary the source of some information, How can I use a drop down
list for example to select a new source for info in a cell?

example:
Q:\Data\File001.xls
Q:\Data\File002.xls
Formula in A1 Cell = 'Q:Data\[File001.xls]Sheet1'!H1/100
Then switch to File002

Thank you, regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi Gerardo,

Check out the INDIRECT function. Do note, though, that this function will return error values if the source workbooks are not open.
The alternative is to use a macro to replace the filenames in specified cells.

--
Cheers
macropod