Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Hightlight date range

I have a worksheet that has dates in cells B2 through B171. I want to
highlight cells from a date that is in cell F4 + 180 days. I want to be able
to change the date in F4 and the dates in B2:B171 to highlight accordingly.
Please help. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Select the range B2:B171 (with B2 active),
apply CF using Formula Is:
=AND($F$4<"",B2-$F$4=180)
Fine tune the "=" bit to suit, if necessary ..

Voila? Click the YES button below
--
Max
Singapore
"Derek" wrote:
I have a worksheet that has dates in cells B2 through B171. I want to
highlight cells from a date that is in cell F4 + 180 days. I want to be able
to change the date in F4 and the dates in B2:B171 to highlight accordingly.
Please help. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Select B2 to B171, and from the Menu Bar:
<Format <Conditional Format

Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is",
AND, if I understand you correctly, enter this formula:

=AND(B2<"",B2=$F$4+180,$F$4<"")

Click on <Format, and choose a Pattern to your liking,
then <OK <OK.

If I misunderstood your request, try this formula instead:

=AND(B2<"",B2<=$F$4+180,$F$4<"")

--
HTH,

RD