Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Add new Data Series in Excel 2007

Back in the old days in Excel 2003 when I had a graph and I wanted to add a
new data series all I had to do was click on Chart--Add Data and it was easy
to do. How do I add a new data series, and more importantly tell it whether
I want the first column to be the x-values etc. Like in the old days when I
added in data series to a previously established chart?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Select the chart then use the ribbon, Chart Tools Design Data Select
Data Add.

Or right click chart, Select Data Add.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"hagiograph" wrote in message
Back in the old days in Excel 2003 when I had a graph and I wanted to add
new data series all I had to do was click on Chart--Add Data and it was
easy
to do. How do I add a new data series, and more importantly tell it
whether
I want the first column to be the x-values etc. Like in the old days when
added in data series to a previously established chart?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Andy,
Thanks!

I am frustrated that Excel 2007 has made what used to be a quick process
much more difficult. But that is the way of Microsoft I am beginning to
think.

Again, thanks.