Junior Member

Default Adding up to a whole number

Hi there

The title may be misleading than what I actually want doing so for this I apologise.

What I basically need doing is excel to work out half of 1 number then give me a number that adds up to say 12 like this:

Say in cell A1 there is a number 6
In cell A2 I need it halved (so 3)
Then in cell A6 I need a figure that adds up to 12 but doesn't state the number 12 (so 9)

I'm assuming A6 will need to subtract A2 to give the value I need?

But it needs to work with other numbers as well with the value in cell A6 giving a number making A2 + A6 equal 12

Such as
A1 to have a number 5
A2 halved so 2.5
A6 to end up having 9.5 in the cell

Any help would be great!

Really sorry if this isn't clear...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Aaron,

Am Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:46:22 +0000 schrieb Aaron R:

Say in cell A1 there is a number 6
In cell A2 I need it halved (so 3)
Then in cell A6 I need a figure that adds up to 12 but doesn't state the
number 12 (so 9)

in A2:
=A1/2

in A6:
=12-A2

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional