Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Resetting up Excel 2003. Is there a fast simple way to re-associatemacros with macro buttons?

Thank you in advance. I've bee hoping to find a solution to this problem for years.
I setup Excel, that its 2003 isn't relevant to me. I have a dozen plus macro buttons on toolbars to the left and right of the screen. I need to keep assigning the correct macro to its button every time I start up. I keep my macro sheet in my Files\Core folder and a shortcut to it in Office 11/Xlstart. I save and back up both my macro sheet and my Excel11.xlb. I copy the Excel11.xlb into administrator(me)\application data\ Microsoft\excel\Xlstart..
Is there a better way I could do all this. Because of hardware 'issues' with my fallin' apart dual ccore. I will be rebuilding it and reinstalling Office 2003(I own it, can't afford another BiggerBetter Version, and I like it.. I'll run XP until I rebuilt my computer then buy Win7 64.
Any help on how to configure Excel's macro buttons simpler, easier. would be very much appreciated.

Thank You,

Brian Day
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It happens that Brian Day formulated :
[...]

Normally, once a macro is assigned to a menuitem/button it should
persist. How I do it is to have my macro workbooks create their
toolbars/menus at startup and remove them at shutdown so there's no
residual changes to Excel's UI. In some cases I assign keyboard
shortcuts via the MacrosOptions instead of menus/toolbars. These
persist as well unless I have other files open using the same
shortcuts. In this case the last file opened gets preference if not the
active workbook. (ActiveWorkbook gets preference by default) Some files
are saved as hidden XLSs as is PERSONAL.XLS, and some are saved as
XLAs.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!