Junior Member

Default How to Remove Excel Protection?

Hi
I want to remove Excel file protection because I lost My excel file password,
Please anyone recommend me how to remove Excel protection?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

micalhassey explained on 22/01/2013 :
Hi
I want to remove Excel file protection because I lost My excel file
password,
Please anyone recommend me how to remove Excel protection?

If you're talking about book/sheet protection there's a VBA solution
available from Chip Pearson. If you're talking about FileOpen password
then you could try a *password recovery* utility, OR use a recovery
service. Note that some password recovery utilities will be able to do
fileopen, book, sheet, and VBA project.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Junior Member

Hi...
Use this link- http://www.excelpasswordrecovery.net/

Quote:
Originally Posted by micalhassey View Post
Hi
I want to remove Excel file protection because I lost My excel file password,
Please anyone recommend me how to remove Excel protection?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:55:49 +0000, micalhassey wrote:

Hi I want to remove Excel file protection because I lost My excel file
password,
Please anyone recommend me how to remove Excel protection?

Run a Google search for Ultimate Add In - UAI

It's an Add-In (surprise, surprise) which has, amongst a squillion
useful functions, a utility to remove worksheet & workbook passwords with
one or two clicks.

VB passwords a bit trickier, but can easily be removed with a hex
editor. Again, a Google search will reveal the technique.

See ya
Ken McLennan
Qld