CPO Chris

Default One bar, Two colors?

I would like to have one bar on my Excel chart use two colors to note goal
numbers vs actual numbers. Is it possible to have one bar with two colors
while all others maintian one?
Debra Dalgleish

If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns.

Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site:
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/E...ps/Columns.htm

and Jon Peltier has links to other sites with information:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

Modify the instructions to create a stacked column with a regular column.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Jon Peltier

Chris -

Sounds like a stacked chart to me. Only one category has a nonzero value for one of
the series, so all other bars appear to have one color.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services