Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to change the direction of the enter key to go horizontal

I recall when entering data in an excel chart, that I could change the
direction from vertical to horizontal when using the "enter" key.....and
can't remember where I went to change that.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

From the Main Menu Select:
Tools-Options
Select the Edit Tab
From the Dropdown Box select the direction where you will move after hitting
enter, in your case right or left

--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button on the bottom
right of this window.

Michael Arch.

"BManske" wrote:

I recall when entering data in an excel chart, that I could change the
direction from vertical to horizontal when using the "enter" key.....and
can't remember where I went to change that.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

BManske wrote:
I recall when entering data in an excel chart, that I could change the
direction from vertical to horizontal when using the "enter" key.....and
can't remember where I went to change that.

Tools / Options / Edit / Move selection after edit:
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Glenn wrote:
BManske wrote:
I recall when entering data in an excel chart, that I could change the
direction from vertical to horizontal when using the "enter"
key.....and can't remember where I went to change that.

Tools / Options / Edit / Move selection after edit:

"after Enter" not "after edit"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In Excel 2007...

Office buttonExcel OptionsAdvancedEditing Options: After pressing Enter,
move selection.....OK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"BManske" wrote in message
I recall when entering data in an excel chart, that I could change the
direction from vertical to horizontal when using the "enter" key.....and
can't remember where I went to change that.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

is there any way to make it so when i hit enter it moves horizontally when im using Excel for Ipad? I need to go to the next column when enter is pressed..

thanks!