Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default format goes blue

I have a worksheet which has conditional formatting on it (RAG status) very
simple. However when I copy and paste it into another excel worksheet the
whole of the background goes blue and loses all the formatting...

any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you using copy - PasteSpecial with only the FORMAT type selected?

the conditional formating is a type of format so the any format of the
original cell will be copied including borders, and background colors.

"Nicole" wrote:

I have a worksheet which has conditional formatting on it (RAG status) very
simple. However when I copy and paste it into another excel worksheet the
whole of the background goes blue and loses all the formatting...

any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You probably have to copy the formating from another destination sheet cell
to get the format back to the proper settings. I usually add the paint brush
to my tool bars (in mine it is in the standard toolbar) and use the paint
brush to copy the formating from another cell.

Blue Cells ptg23963 New Users to Excel 4 December 30th 07 12:21 AM
What is blue triangle? roccogrand Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 24th 07 04:54 PM
Blue screen Amraam New Users to Excel 4 August 10th 07 04:56 PM
blue squares blue New Users to Excel 1 February 14th 06 10:46 AM