Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum is not correct after adding calculated fields

I have probably 60 rows that have percentage calculations to come up with a
dollar figure. When I then take all those numbers and add them to see total
dollars, I have found that the bottom line is not correct. I routine run
another column, manually adding the dollars for each cell as a double check.

How can I make sure my totals are correct without having to manually add
them. How to I make the sum take the end dollar amount and not be looking at
the calculation anymore?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Laryn

The downside of this option (Tools Options Calculation Precision as
displayed) is that it affects the calculations of all cells in the
spreadsheet. That may or may not be what you want.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Laryn" wrote:

I have probably 60 rows that have percentage calculations to come up with a
dollar figure. When I then take all those numbers and add them to see total
dollars, I have found that the bottom line is not correct. I routine run
another column, manually adding the dollars for each cell as a double check.

How can I make sure my totals are correct without having to manually add
them. How to I make the sum take the end dollar amount and not be looking at
the calculation anymore?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have aread here at John McGimpsey's site.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html

Bottom line...............

Unfortunately, there's no hard and fast rule for how to deal with this
problem. The key is to be aware that it exists, and to design your workflow
to handle the error in an appropriate way.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP