Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default recover deleted data from spread sheet

by mistake instead of hiding deleted the columns of spread sheet and saved
the same. now I need to recover the data. pls help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Immediately after you do something, or within a few actions but BEFORE you
save you can use undo (Edit, undo or Control Z, or you may have the tool in
your toolbar), but afterwards you will just have to go back to a backup if
you have one.

If you find this happening to you a few times, you may want to always save a
back up which will give you a little more time to realise you need to go
back.
For any spreadsheet you can switch it on.
In excel 2000 it is in
Save as (F12 or File, save as)
tools
options
tick (check) 'always create backup'

This will create a file in the same directory called
Back up of xxxxxx.xlk (where xxxxxx is the orginal file name)
and this will be replaced everytime you save with the vesion you are
overwriting with your save.
It does mean the save takes longer, which can be an nuisance with large
files.

Barbara

"paulkannur" wrote in message
by mistake instead of hiding deleted the columns of spread sheet and saved
the same. now I need to recover the data. pls help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks for reply,

so there is no option once changes are saved.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't Worry! You can recover deleted spreadsheet very easily. I also suffered the same problem. I found software for the resolution. You can download from here.

http://www.remosoftware.com/recover-spreadsheet