Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Default HOW CAN I PREVENT EXCEL FILES FROM BEING DELETED OR PREVENT TRASH

NEED TO PREVENT OTHERS FROM DELETING ECEL WORK BOOKS FROM TRASH BIN OR
PREVENT TRASH BIN DELETION
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like you need a thick ruler to apply across a few knuckles? Or a
good, strong backu strategy for critical files, and/or a good file recovery
tool - you might look at tools like the free
http://www.pctools.com/file-recover/ File Recover from PC Tools, or others
that Google will no doubt turn up.

This is not an Excel problem, or even a Windows problem, it's a user
education problem (back to the ruler/knuckles option).

"ROB" wrote:

NEED TO PREVENT OTHERS FROM DELETING ECEL WORK BOOKS FROM TRASH BIN OR
PREVENT TRASH BIN DELETION

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't even think it's a user problem.

As a user, I should be able to empty my recycle bin whenever I want without
having to worry about deleting something that I shouldn't.

But I do agree with JL, it is a user education problem in the sense that users
should make backups.

I think your IT staff (if you have one) has a responsibility to make nightly
backups of files stored on network drives (and backups of files on the local
drives, too).

--

Dave Peterson