Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Code to find the Row Number of the last repeated row of aparticular date field

I have this Table where the first field is a Date Field where the dates are repeated.

Column A

1 14-Aug-2016
2 14-Aug-2016
3 15-Aug-2016
4 15-Aug-2016
5 15-Aug-2016
6 17-Aug-2016
7 17-Aug-2016
8 17-Aug-2016
9 17-Aug-2016
10 17-Aug-2016
11 17-Aug-2016
12 18-Aug-2016
13 19-Aug-2016
14 19-Aug-2016

I need to write a code to get the Row Number of the last repeated Row of a particular date, say for 14-Aug-2016 it would be Row No. 2, for 17-Aug-2016, it is Row No.9...

Help please

San
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Am Tue, 30 Aug 2016 21:39:21 -0700 (PDT) schrieb shriil:

1 14-Aug-2016
2 14-Aug-2016
3 15-Aug-2016
4 15-Aug-2016
5 15-Aug-2016
6 17-Aug-2016
7 17-Aug-2016
8 17-Aug-2016
9 17-Aug-2016
10 17-Aug-2016
11 17-Aug-2016
12 18-Aug-2016
13 19-Aug-2016
14 19-Aug-2016

try:

Sub Test()
Dim LRow As Long

On Error GoTo skip
With Application
LRow = .Match(Range("G1"), Range("A:A"), 0) + .CountIf(Range("A:A"),
Range("G1")) - 1
End With
MsgBox LRow
skip:
MsgBox "No matches found"
End Sub

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 10:09:28 AM UTC+5:30, shriil wrote:
[...]

Thanks. Will try it out.

San