Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multiple selections simultaneously from a data validated dropdown list

Hi,

I've got my spreadsheet set where users are able to select multiple
values from a data validated dropdown list one at a time. All values
selected show up in the cell as expected, separated by a comma. But,
the user has to select each value one at a time, reselecting the
dropdown list each time. Is there an easy way to set it up so that
the user can select all values at the same time, similar to a filtered
list drop down (except everything starts out unselected)?

I believe this can be done almost totally with VBA (have a single
'option' that fires a VBA multi-select dropdown list that concatenates
all the selections and pastes the result in the cell), but I'm hoping
there's an easier solution. Thanks!

Frank
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I've got my spreadsheet set where users are able to select multiple
values from a data validated dropdown list one at a time. All values
selected show up in the cell as expected, separated by a comma. But,
the user has to select each value one at a time, reselecting the
dropdown list each time. Is there an easy way to set it up so that
the user can select all values at the same time, similar to a
filtered list drop down (except everything starts out unselected)?

I believe this can be done almost totally with VBA (have a single
'option' that fires a VBA multi-select dropdown list that
concatenates all the selections and pastes the result in the cell),
but I'm hoping there's an easier solution. Thanks!

Frank

Using a VBA multiselect listbox is the easiest way, IMO. Not sure what
you mean by "easier solution" unless it's how you code for this.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok. I was just wondering if there was something built in that I
wasn't aware of and didn't find. I'll go the VBA listbox route.
Thanks Garry.

You're welcome!
I typically would use the sheet's BeforeBoubleClick OR BeforeRightClick
of the target cell to display the list. Optionally, a keyboard combo!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Typo...

Ok. I was just wondering if there was something built in that I
wasn't aware of and didn't find. I'll go the VBA listbox route.
Thanks Garry.

You're welcome!

I typically would use the sheet's BeforeDoubleClick OR