Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default A tale of two tables

Hi,

I have two excel tables in an excel workbook, on two separate tabs: TableA and TableB.

TableA is a legacy table, which has 8 columns. Upon the workbook being uploaded, the data from TableA is moved into a data base by an excel handler.

TableB is a more user-friendly presentation of TableA, including data validation and conditional formatting to reduce errors and increase efficiency.

I'd like the user to never have to interact with TableA. So I'd like the data entered by the user in TableB to be automatically mirrored in TableA.

The trick is that the user may enter a variable number of rows of data, and
Macro's aren't allowed by the excel handler.

I've set TableA as an excel table, with references to the corresponding columns in TableB. So the first row populates nicely. But i don't know how to get any of the rows in TableA after the first row, as they are created, to automatically show up in TableB.

I'd thought there might be a formula in Excel that would enable me to mess with Table attributes directly, but i can't seem to find such a thing.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks!