Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Formatting

Hi, I just wondered if anyone knew if it was possible to copy and
paste a cells conditional formatting result with the actual formula
that it was based upon.

For example, Cell A1 has a CF that states that if the value is 5 or
less then the cell will have a have a cell background color of
yellow.

What I wold like to do is to keep the cell BG color as yellow but
remove the CF. Is that possible as I have a whole spreadsheet which
has CF which I would like to keep without the formulas that set the CF
in the first place.

Hope that makes sense lol

thanks in advance

steve

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Steve,

Am Mon, 06 Jun 2016 20:08:58 +0100 schrieb steve:

Hi, I just wondered if anyone knew if it was possible to copy and
paste a cells conditional formatting result with the actual formula
that it was based upon.

For example, Cell A1 has a CF that states that if the value is 5 or
less then the cell will have a have a cell background color of
yellow.

What I wold like to do is to keep the cell BG color as yellow but
remove the CF. Is that possible as I have a whole spreadsheet which
has CF which I would like to keep without the formulas that set the CF
in the first place.

a CF coloured cell has no *real colour*. You can check this in the VBA
editor in the immediate window e.g. with:
?range("A1").Interior.ColorIndex
That will show you -4142 that means xlnone.
If you copy the range without CF the colour is gone.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10