Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Runtime error 424 in Windows 8 environment

I have downloaded a workbook with some macros from an insurance company. It runs perfectly well on both Excel 2007 and 2010 on a Windows 7 platform, but when I try it on a Windows 8 platform, I get Runtime error 424 in both Excel versions.

The code is password protected so I can't debug. The insurance company can't or won't help.

Has something changed from Windows 7 to 8, like names of DLL libraries or something like that?

Jan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

jan120253 wrote:

I have downloaded a workbook with some macros from an insurance company.
It runs perfectly well on both Excel 2007 and 2010 on a Windows 7
platform, but when I try it on a Windows 8 platform, I get Runtime error
424 in both Excel versions.

The code is password protected so I can't debug. The insurance company
can't or won't help.

Has something changed from Windows 7 to 8, like names of DLL libraries
or something like that?

Not in such a way that would prevent macros from running... I *think.*

If you're willing, send the spreadsheet to me at auric.auric [at] gmail and
I'll take a look at it. I'm curious about this.

--
Stop talking about it and just make it work.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if there are missing libraries, uncheck them and save your file

isabelle

Le 2013-08-19 00:38, isabelle a écrit :
hi Jan,

have you checked if there are missing libraries (menu/ tools/references)?

isabelle

Le 2013-08-18 05:14, a écrit :
I have downloaded a workbook with some macros from an insurance company.

It runs perfectly well on both Excel 2007 and 2010 on a Windows 7
platform, but when

I try it on a Windows 8 platform, I get Runtime error 424 in both
Excel versions.

The code is password protected so I can't debug. The insurance company
can't or won't help.

Has something changed from Windows 7 to 8, like names of DLL libraries
or something like that?

Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Den mandag den 19. august 2013 06.44.36 UTC+2 skrev isabelle:
if there are missing libraries, uncheck them and save your file

isabelle

Le 2013-08-19 00:38, isabelle a écrit :

hi Jan,

As the VBA code is password protected, I can't get to References under Tools - and that is my main problem.

Le 2013-08-18 05:14, a écrit :

I have downloaded a workbook with some macros from an insurance company.

It runs perfectly well on both Excel 2007 and 2010 on a Windows 7

platform, but when

I try it on a Windows 8 platform, I get Runtime error 424 in both

Excel versions.

The code is password protected so I can't debug. The insurance company

can't or won't help.

Has something changed from Windows 7 to 8, like names of DLL libraries

or something like that?

Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Den mandag den 19. august 2013 00.18.38 UTC+2 skrev Auric__:
jan120253 wrote:

I have downloaded a workbook with some macros from an insurance company.

It runs perfectly well on both Excel 2007 and 2010 on a Windows 7

platform, but when I try it on a Windows 8 platform, I get Runtime error

424 in both Excel versions.

The code is password protected so I can't debug. The insurance company

can't or won't help.

Has something changed from Windows 7 to 8, like names of DLL libraries

or something like that?

Not in such a way that would prevent macros from running... I *think.*

If you're willing, send the spreadsheet to me at auric.auric [at] gmail and

I'll take a look at it. I'm curious about this.

--

Stop talking about it and just make it work.

I have send it to your adress.

Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As the VBA code is password protected, I can't get to References under Tools
- and that is my main problem.

Where can this workbook be downloaded from?

--
Garry

Free uenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
Classic VB Users Regroup
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

jan120253 wrote:

I have downloaded a workbook with some macros from an insurance
company. It runs perfectly well on both Excel 2007 and 2010 on a
Windows 7 platform, but when I try it on a Windows 8 platform, I get
Runtime error 424 in both Excel versions.

The code is password protected so I can't debug. The insurance
company can't or won't help.

Has something changed from Windows 7 to 8, like names of DLL
libraries or something like that?

Not in such a way that would prevent macros from running... I *think.*

If you're willing, send the spreadsheet to me at auric.auric [at] gmail
and I'll take a look at it. I'm curious about this.

I have send it to your adress.

(Sorry for the delay answering; my internet connection imploded.)

I was unable to break the password for the spreadsheet. Passware says
"Invalid format" for the encrypted VBA content. Sorry.

--
She heard the grass growing, and the sound of worms below the turf.
She could feel the thousands of little lives around her,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

jan120253 wrote:

[...]

I'd like to give it a shot! Where can I download the workbook?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Send me an email at auric.auric at gmail and I'll forward you the one I have.

--
There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

GS wrote:

I'd like to give it a shot! Where can I download the workbook?

Send me an email at auric.auric at gmail and I'll forward you the one
I have.

Given our findings on the file being corrupt.., it's best IMO that the
OP urge the author[s] to revise the project for Win8 runtime
compatibility.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you can load your file he www.cjoint.com
it's free and you don't have to register.
once done, just come back here and give us the download link

isabelle

As the VBA code is password protected, I can't get to References under Tools - and that is my main problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you can load your file he www.cjoint.com
it's free and you don't have to register.
once done, just come back here and give us the download link

Isabelle, the file is corrupt and so there's not much we can do with
it!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Le 2013-08-25 21:39, GS a écrit :
Isabelle, the file is corrupt and so there's not much we can do with it!

ho! thank you Garry to telling me, i'll pass

isabelle
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

GS wrote:

GS wrote:

I'd like to give it a shot! Where can I download the workbook?

Send me an email at auric.auric at gmail and I'll forward you the one
I have.

Given our findings on the file being corrupt.., it's best IMO that the
OP urge the author[s] to revise the project for Win8 runtime
compatibility.

So it *is* corrupt? I wasn't willing to actually let the macros run...

--
man, this party is SO AWESOME! think i'll go chat on the internet!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

GS wrote:

GS wrote:

I'd like to give it a shot! Where can I download the workbook?

Send me an email at auric.auric at gmail and I'll forward you the
one I have.

Given our findings on the file being corrupt.., it's best IMO that
the OP urge the author[s] to revise the project for Win8 runtime
compatibility.

So it *is* corrupt? I wasn't willing to actually let the macros
run...

Yes! As I mentioned in my email.., I suspect this was done deliberately
so the file could not be manipulated or tampered with!