Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Y Axis Shows Date, rather than Value ? Help Please.

Hello,

Running Excel 2007 and W10

Want to make a "simple" plot of blood p readings.

X axis to have date
Y axis to have value.

Have selected a Scatter graph format.

No matter what I seem to do, the Y axis also shows the date, rather than
the value. (X axis shows date too, which is fine and what I want)

How, please can I get the Y axis to show the value.

Have tried just about everything.
I've selected the data columns for the dates and values, but it refuses
to plot anything but the dates in the Y.

Funny, but the resultant graph looks just fine, if you "imagine" the Y
axis as having values rather than the dates.

Thoughts, Please ?

Thanks,
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob,

Am Fri, 9 Dec 2016 07:36:04 -0500 schrieb Bob:

Want to make a "simple" plot of blood p readings.

X axis to have date
Y axis to have value.

Have selected a Scatter graph format.

No matter what I seem to do, the Y axis also shows the date, rather than
the value. (X axis shows date too, which is fine and what I want)

if the date column is the most left column the date comes automatically
to the x axis.
If not, then select the chart = Select Data and change in the dialog
box the series of the legend entries and and the horizontal axis.
Have a look:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqMiGBK2qniTgYI-fCz3P6SW4iUuyQ

Regards
Claus B.