Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Fireman44

Default How do you change default file location for Excel on a network?

When i go into options and change the default file location to the "F" drive
for my storage area, it won't let me do this... What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Kev SCL

Are you sure that your computer can see the "F" drive?
Kev

"Fireman44" wrote:

When i go into options and change the default file location to the "F" drive
for my storage area, it won't let me do this... What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Fireman44

Yes it can see the "F" drive. Ii do not have this problem with MS word and
its file location option, just Excel

"Fireman44" wrote:

When i go into options and change the default file location to the "F" drive
for my storage area, it won't let me do this... What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

"Fireman44" wrote in message
When i go into options and change the default file location to the "F"
drive
for my storage area, it won't let me do this... What am I doing
wrong?possibly including the default settings such as file locations.

I have a similar problem trying to keep custom toolbars which used to work
fine, but now the buttons dissapear each time I close excel ( the toolbar
remains, but is empty!)

I'm currently looking for a workaround... How did you get on?

It may not be you.

My large organisation recently upgraded to Windows XL, and as part of that
rollout implemented rules which prevent data being stored on the C Drive.

It appears Excel stores some information on the C drive,