Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Duplicate Dates Problem

Hello,

Using Excel 2007.

I have three Columns of data, similar to this:
Wish to have the dates as the X axis, and show the next two Columns on
the same plot.

21-Apr 143 21
26-Apr 147 93
3-May 144 91

13-May 135 128
13 May 128 81

17-May 143 93
17 May 137 86

22-May 127 89
22-May 123 83

I have the first, the Date column, formatted as: Date / 14 Mar

I was hoping to graph this data, and have a line connecting "all" the
points (of each column's data).
For the second Column, I do have lines connecting the data with the
unique dates of 21 Apr thru 3 May
For some reason, this was not done for the third Column, with the same
dates.

a. Any idea why this might be ?

b. For all the data where there are two of the same dates, there are no
lines for any of the data for either column 2 or column 3.

The data points are plotted, the Trend-Line shows, but no connecting
line between the data points.

Is there any way to "connect-the-dots," or having the same duplicate
Dates really precludes this ?

Funny, but a long time ago, I did similar data, and I am almost sure
that Excel did plot all the data with no problems; similar dates or not.

Is there some way to do it ?

Much thanks,
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default From OP: Problem Solved, But Why ? Duplicate Dates Problem

Hi,

Problem solved, but really surprised.

I had a blank line between easch set of duplicate dates, as I showed in
the data example of my original msg.below.

That was what prevented the graphing.

Surprised, as I always thought blank lines were Totally-Ignored, always.

Guess not.

Why ?

Bob