Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default In excel 2000, IF function calculates incorrectly using "E"

Using E for zero. =IF(C2="E",(O2),(O2)) does not calculate correctly. Substituting a zero, formula will work OK. Using #'s all is OK.
Can I write a formula using "E". When I use zero's I have to have them show in places were I don't want them to show.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Using E for zero. =IF(C2="E",(O2),(O2)) does not calculate correctly.
Substituting a zero, formula will work OK. Using #'s all is OK. Can I write a
formula using "E". When I use zero's I have to have them show in places were
I don't want them to show.

So.., is the content of C2 E, empty, or zero? (Your formula expects a text
value!)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Saturday, 29 April 2017 04:34:38 UTC+10, wrote:
Using E for zero. =IF(C2="E",(O2),(O2)) does not calculate correctly. Substituting a zero, formula will work OK. Using #'s all is OK.
Can I write a formula using "E". When I use zero's I have to have them show in places were I don't want them to show.

Your formula says to choose O2 with true or false, how can you tell if it's working?
I just tried it in Excel 2013 and initially had the same problem but then realised I didn't have the E in C2.. Change your formula to choose a different result cell for true/false

Ron