Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel window closed but process still running

Hi,
I'm using C# application to open an Excel workbook by using
m_objExcel = new Excel.Application();
and it works fine but problem arises if user close Excel window and go
back to my C# application to open another excel workbook. the workbook
actually is opened successfully but Excel window is invisible now. User
have no choice to kill the EXCEL.EXE in task manager then only it can
resume as normal.

How do I get back the EXCEL window closed by user but still remain in
task manager?
I try to use ShowWindow(...) but it doesn't work.

Appreciate if anyone can help.

Regards,
Jessica

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe with "getobject"?

Gr,
Rody

"Jessica" schreef in bericht
oups.com...
Hi,
I'm using C# application to open an Excel workbook by using
m_objExcel = new Excel.Application();
and it works fine but problem arises if user close Excel window and go
back to my C# application to open another excel workbook. the workbook
actually is opened successfully but Excel window is invisible now. User
have no choice to kill the EXCEL.EXE in task manager then only it can
resume as normal.

How do I get back the EXCEL window closed by user but still remain in
task manager?
I try to use ShowWindow(...) but it doesn't work.

Appreciate if anyone can help.

Regards,
Jessica

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks for the reply.
Actually I used GetObject to get back Excel object but the Excel window
is shown only with it's header without worksheet shown......