Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Question Drop Downs

Hello and Good Day:

I have a spreadsheet that contains drop downs menus. In order to my work I
would like to be able to correlate one drop down to another if that makes
sense.

For example:

Column A Column B Column C Column D
Column E
XXXX Name1 Phone1 Name2
Phone2

Essentially if I select a name from column B, I want my worksheet to
populate the matching phone number into column C automatically.

I current have the Names and Phone numbers in a workbook that I have been
copying and pasting from....

Hope that makes sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check out help on the worksheet function VLOOKUP()

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Icehearted" wrote:

Hello and Good Day:

I have a spreadsheet that contains drop downs menus. In order to my work I
would like to be able to correlate one drop down to another if that makes
sense.

For example:

Column A Column B Column C Column D
Column E
XXXX Name1 Phone1 Name2
Phone2

Essentially if I select a name from column B, I want my worksheet to
populate the matching phone number into column C automatically.

I current have the Names and Phone numbers in a workbook that I have been
copying and pasting from....

Hope that makes sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I needed something for a similar application, and your post helped immensely;
thank you.