Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I create folders in explorer from an excel list

I have a list in excel of names each of which need a folder created in
exlorer. Is there a way to do this? Can't find anything relevant in Help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Let's say the list of names is in column B in B1 thru B100. In column A
enter mkdir in cells A1 thru A100.

Save the file as a text file with the name:
x.bat
Then just double-click the resulting icon.
--
Gary's Student

"njmcr" wrote:

I have a list in excel of names each of which need a folder created in
exlorer. Is there a way to do this? Can't find anything relevant in Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't be concerned about asking simple questions.

If you see the batch file on your desktop, double-click it. The batch file
should then execute and generate a set of folders ( probably also on your
desktop). You can then use Windows Explorer to display the Desktop and the
folders should be visible.
--
Gary''s Student

"njmcr" wrote:

I have a list in excel of names each of which need a folder created in
exlorer. Is there a way to do this? Can't find anything relevant in Help

Junior Member

This works brilliantly with single file names. Do you know how I can adjust the formula to accept file names with a "space"? ie Nathan Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary''s Student View Post