Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Importing data from Excel worksheet into Excel template

Hi all,

I would like advise on how I can import data from an Excel Worksheet
into an Excel Template.

For example:

Excel Workseet
Column A : Date
Column B : Customer Name
Column C : Code No#
Column D : Weight

Excel Template
Column A : Date
Column B : Year
Column C: Customer Name
Column D : Code No#
Column E : Code Color
Column F : Weight

I would like to import Column A from the Worksheet into Column A of the
template, Column B from the Worksheet to Column C of the template, etc.

How can I set up an macro button to do this for me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Turn on the macro recorder whilst doing the steps.

See what you get then post back with more questions.

Gord Dibben Microsoft Excel MVP

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 21:44:43 +1000, Mas wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord,

I have created the following macro but cannot get the imported data to
paste into the specified columns.

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong.

--------------------

Sub ImportData()
'
' Import Data Macro
'

'
Range("C17").Select
Windows("JobsToImport.xls").Activate

Range("A3:A39,B3:B39,C3:C39,D3:D39,E3:E39,F3:F39,G 3:G39,H3:H39,I3:I39,J3:J39,L3:L39,N3:N39,O3:O39,P3 :P39").Select
Selection.Copy
Windows("JobsImportedData".xls").Activate
Range("C17").Select
Range("D17").Select
Range("E17").Select
Range("F17").Select