Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Zoom and view settings reverting after download from a website

I have an issue with the view settings that are saved into Excel documents.

I know that the document saves the way youve chosen to view it, so if
others view your file they will also see it this way. If you would like to
change this setting you can open the file, change the view setting (i.e. zoom
level), gently modify it (i.e. add a space character), then save it again.

The issue I am having is when I publish a file to a website. If I
accidentally put a file up which has odd view settings, I will modify the
original, change the view settings and put it up to the website.

The confusing part is when the file is now downloaded from the website it
contains the extra spaces I added, but still has the dodgy view settings.
Just for fun Ive tried deleting cache, tried from another computer. Each
time I try this the result is the same, the document has my changes, so it is
a new version, yet the view settings which are also saved, stayed.. cached?..
or something magical.

Has anyone experienced this or have a solution/other things I can try.
Thanks heaps!

Id also suggest to MS that the view settings are not always something you
want to save, and if they are being saved, I would consider it to be
€śmodifying the document€ť for the purpose of saving it again.