Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stu Stu is offline

Default Conditional Formatting color doesn't show up: 90%

I have a cell formatted to show a number as percentage and the conditional
formatting rule says Between 0.9 and 1 will be green. 0.9 is showing up no
color
but any value from .91 - 1 shows up green. Should "between" .9 and 1 include
..9?
Is this a known bug?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
does the 0.9 come from a formula, if yes check it I think the result of the
formula is 0.89999 or something similar which is not 0.9

if this helps please click yes thanks

"Stu" wrote:

I have a cell formatted to show a number as percentage and the conditional
formatting rule says Between 0.9 and 1 will be green. 0.9 is showing up no
color
but any value from .91 - 1 shows up green. Should "between" .9 and 1 include
.9?
Is this a known bug?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
if you have a number of 0.8989 and you set up to 0 decimal places it will
show as 0.9
Do something in a cell type 0.8989999 and then set it up to zero decimal

what you can do is to enter in the conditional formating 0.89 instead of 0.9

"Stu" wrote:

I have a cell formatted to show a number as percentage and the conditional
formatting rule says Between 0.9 and 1 will be green. 0.9 is showing up no
color
but any value from .91 - 1 shows up green. Should "between" .9 and 1 include
.9?
Is this a known bug?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Stu wrote:
I have a cell formatted to show a number as percentage and the conditional
formatting rule says Between 0.9 and 1 will be green. 0.9 is showing up no
color
but any value from .91 - 1 shows up green. Should "between" .9 and 1 include
.9?
Is this a known bug?

No, "between" doesn't include either of the two ends. If you want to include
0.9 and 1.0, do something like this:

Formula is:

=AND(A1=0.9,A1<=1)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Optionally, you can make the conditional formatting formula is:

=ROUND(A1,1)=0.9

This will just round it for you...

"Stu" wrote:

I have a cell formatted to show a number as percentage and the conditional
formatting rule says Between 0.9 and 1 will be green. 0.9 is showing up no
color
but any value from .91 - 1 shows up green. Should "between" .9 and 1 include
.9?
Is this a known bug?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Actually that is not correct. If cell A1 contains 0.8989 and you format to
0 decimal places you will see 1 , no 0.9.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire