Junior Member

Location: London, UK
Default Copying an entire spreadsheet

I am now using Excel 2016 on a Mac with MacOS 10.12.3 (Sierra).

More than a decade ago I created a spreadsheet in AppleWorks containing many quite complex formulae, column headings and fixed data, and saved it as a template so that I could create a realization of it every month for my personal accounts. When the time came to abandon AppleWorks, I succeeded in converting this spreadsheet into an Excel one and have used it throughout numerous updates and upgrades of operating system and Excel itself.

The Excel version works perfectly well in most respects, but has a curious flaw. If I give one or more cells a border and save the sheet, but then decide to remove the border by selecting 'No border' in the relevant drop-down, the border is removed, but so are the corresponding grid-lines. (This does not happen with a new sheet created directly in Excel, and therefore must be the result of the conversion from AppleWorks.)

Is there any way I could copy my entire spreadsheet, with all its formulae and data, into a fresh Excel sheet in the hope that the above flaw would thereby be cured? It would take me too long to copy the contents (such as formulae) cell by cell, and I should like to be able to do it in one fell swoop.

I should be very grateful for advice.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

[...]

Are gridlines turned off?
OR