Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Matt Mahan

Default Excel is turning entered dates into formulas despite format. Why?

I have a worksheet that turns all numbers with an operator into a formula.
For instance when I enter "4/11/06" it changes it to "=4/11/06". This is
regardless of what the cell format is, date, general, etc. I can create
another worksheet in this workbook and this does not occur. I can get around
this problem, but there is something tied to this particular sheet that
changes what is entered and I would like to find it.
Any help out there?

This is Excel 2003
Junior Member

You, sir, are a genius! I registered with this site just to thank you for defanging this beast that's been driving me absolutely mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peo Sjoblom View Post
Toolsoptionstransition uncheck transition formula entry, it is for
compatibility with Lotus 123

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com
nce when I enter "4/11/06" it changes it to "=4/11/06". This is
regardless of what the cell format is, date, general, etc. I can create
another worksheet in this workbook and this does not occur. I can get
around
this problem, but there is something tied to this particular sheet that
changes what is entered and I would like to find it.
Any help out there?

This is Excel 2003[/color]