Junior Member

Smile Calculating the change in lead times from a table.

Hello, I've been struggling with the following problem for a couple of hours now and have the distinct feeling that it could be solved by a simple formula. I have the following table to work with depicted in the workbook as Table A

It's a basic logistics schedule depicting a truck transporting goods and it's arrival hour at various locations (all 3 letter codes, from AAA to JJJ). The whole rotation takes 77 hours from location AAA back to AAA. We have changed the schedule to delay the arrivals in all the locations from FFF to JJJ. You'll note that the new arrival hour is in column C with the change in column D.

What I need to put together is a table showing how the lead times have changed for all the location combinations. So basically, goods transported from AAA-FFF will now be arriving 1 hour later, whilst goods travelling from GGG to BBB will now be arriving 2.4 hrs earlier (0 minus 2.4). Some lead times will thus increase whilst others will decrease. It's not necessary to show the actual lead times, only the change - which is why I'm not really bothered with the lead times from AAA to BBB for instance (the change is 0). Keep in mind that I have to apply this formula for schedules of various lengths, some calling up to 40 locations. Have also included Table B which is an example of the final table I would like to see (I've done it in a very manual way. I'm also open to other suggestions!).

Will appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks alot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lead Time Changes.zip (8.7 KB, 49 views)