Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Would like to create customized named range

I have a fairly detailed data set that I would like to base named ranges off of. The thing is, the data set changes quite often. I would like to list a range of cells under a defined name range based on data in a corresponding column. For example: there is a list of account names in column b, tied to peoples' names in column a. I would like the named range for person "Steve" to include all account names in column b that have steve's name listed in column a. As I continue to add more account names as time goes on, I would like the name range to adapt to the change automatically. I've tried using the vlookup formula in the formula bar for the name range, and have had no luck. I am willing to try VBA if necessary.

Thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Indirect formula seems to be most helpful for this. If you could provide a direct example through a file or how the data looks like, it would make things easier to work out. For instance, are names alphabetically sorted so that you can have a continuous named range?

Vba has a referToRange method that also deals with named range...

Provide more information and I'll see

Pascal Baro
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If desired send file direct to dguillett1 @gmail.com with examples