Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SR SR is offline

Default Dae format

how can we convert the date format, suppose I am entering the date as
09/09/2009 using an input box, the macro should take the date as 9/9/2009.

Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A date is a date is a date. Those two are the very same, september 9th this
year.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"SR" wrote in message
how can we convert the date format, suppose I am entering the date as
09/09/2009 using an input box, the macro should take the date as 9/9/2009.

Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SR SR is offline

on my excel file the date is in 9/9/2009 format, so if I search the date
09/09/2009 there is no result.

"SR" wrote in message
how can we convert the date format, suppose I am entering the date as
09/09/2009 using an input box, the macro should take the date as 9/9/2009.

Please help

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok, sorry, you're right, Search (and Filter) use an ugly combination of data
and text representation. It is among a few things Excel still doesn't do too
well.

Select the cells and format them as you wish (how to do this depends on
which Excel version you use). This will not alter the real cell content -the
formula bar will still display 09/09/2009 (or 09.09.2009 ?) as it does now.

Best wishes Harald