Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PeterM

Default How can I fill a time sheet from a calendar

Every 15 days I have to make a timesheet for my hours I worked. So each time
I have to change the weekends, because I don't work them. I also have to
insert the time I usually work. Like so.
9:00
12:00
12:30
5:30
Is there a way I can have the timesheet look at a calendar and fill in the
weekends for me, and insert the above time in the other days?????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AH·C

Hi Peter,

Check out my attachment. It looks at the last day of the payperiod
(15th and End of Month) and shades the weekends at 50% so that if any
weekends were worked, one can make out the figures. It also changes
the fonts for each job or contract line item number, so that it's
easier to see which ones had any hours charged to it for that
payperiod.

All the magic happens w/o VBA. And it's worked well for me since
Office 97, a few years ago.

I've highlighted all of the cells that you need to examine for
*Conditional Formatting *and/or *Formulas*.

While i only have to mark time by the number of hours worked, in your
specific case, you'll have to chage your layout to match the way you
mark time by the clock. In any case my sample should get you going.

HTH

|Filename: Sample Timesheet.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4069 |

AH·C
AH·C's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29108
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=488086

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AH·C

What couldn't you find? Conditioning formatting? Select any one of
the YELLOW highlighted cells and click on Format Conditional Format
to see the formulas I used.

I'd send an email, but you need to be registered.

--
AH·C
AH·C's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29108
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=488086

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

You've got to be kidding you are posting to a newsgroup, nobody has to
register with a excelforum and nobody should put up with advertising when
posting to a newsgroup. His email address takes a little bit of deciphering.
---
HTH,

"AH·C" wrote in message
I'd send an email, but you need to be registered.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AH·C

David, who & what are you talking about? Advertising?!? Me?!?
IRC, from my activity in Excel-L years ago, one could email one another
via the list. Otherwise, I'm not putting my addy out in the open.

--
AH·C
AH·C's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29108
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=488086

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PeterM

Did you confuse me with someone else? You were so very kind and helped me
with a post I had on exel........Peter