Randy Rich

Default #REF error on linked spreadsheet

Hi Carla,

Is it possible the spreadsheet doesn't automatically calculate? Some of the
sheets may be set to calculate manually. To check, go to the Tools menu,
click Options, and then click the Calculation tab. Under Calculation, select
an option. Changing this option affects all open workbooks.

If you select an option other than Automatic, press F9 to calculate all
worksheets in all open workbooks.
To calculate only the active worksheet, press SHIFT+F9.

It may just be one more thing to check in your quest for an answer.
Regards, Randy

"Carla Bradley" wrote:

I am trying to help a client that has 6 spreadsheets that are linked. If he
opens the main sheet and clicks update to update the links, he has several
columns with the #REF in it. That cell is referencing another spreadsheet.
However when I open that spreadsheet and click update to update it's links
the #REF changes to the proper values. I have checked the status on all links
and saved and closed them. Then I reopened that main spreadsheet and got the
#REF again. Can anyone steer me in the right direction to fix this? He's on
Win and Excel XP and said it didn't used to do that.

Thanks,
Carla