Lawman

Default Linking to Worksheets on Excel -Saved Web Page

I'm working with the Dept. of Homeland Security and need help. I've saved an
Excel 2000 workbook as a web page. It has 9 worksheets, which can be
navigated through in the IE browser. However, I cannot link directly to
individual worksheets other than the defaultopened when saved. Is there a way
to create links from other pages into each of the sheets in the workbook?

Also using FrontPage 2002 in Win 2000.
John

I think wha tyou want to do is link to the file then the position the syntax
would look something like this:
file.xls#sheet!A1
The ! after the sheet name must be there to denote where in the sheet the
link should open.

Does this work?

John

"Lawman" wrote:

I'm working with the Dept. of Homeland Security and need help. I've saved an
Excel 2000 workbook as a web page. It has 9 worksheets, which can be
navigated through in the IE browser. However, I cannot link directly to
individual worksheets other than the defaultopened when saved. Is there a way
to create links from other pages into each of the sheets in the workbook?

Also using FrontPage 2002 in Win 2000.

Lawman

Almost. Such links work when built and accessed within another Excel
document, but when I try to build links on a web page in FrontPage and access
them in my browser, they default to the worksheet showing when the file was
last saved.

FYI: using FP 2002 SP3, using local Intranet, and Excel document is stored
to a Xerox Docushare.

"Lawman" wrote:

I'm working with the Dept. of Homeland Security and need help. I've saved an
Excel 2000 workbook as a web page. It has 9 worksheets, which can be
navigated through in the IE browser. However, I cannot link directly to
individual worksheets other than the defaultopened when saved. Is there a way
to create links from other pages into each of the sheets in the workbook?

Also using FrontPage 2002 in Win 2000.

jd17

Same exact question. The "#" solution (file.xls#book1) works within Excel
but doesn't seem to do the trick when saved as Internet page.

For example, in an Excel Web file, you've got a "main.html" file. Then you
have a "main_webfiles" folder which might have "sheet001", "sheet002", and
"sheet003" in it. Any hyperlink attempt to get to the underlying sheets in
main.html just goes to the default, first sheet.

Please help.