Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default tutorials

anybody know any good links for tutorials on Dialog Boxes? i need t
make one that asks the user if s/he is sure s/he wants to update
worksheet and ask for the password to the worksheet.

just an experiment. i'm learning.

thanks much,
stephen

PS~also, can anyone tell me where to find the icons they use on erro
messages in Windows

--
medicenpringle
medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1645

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You might like to check out
for information on creating userforms (which can be used as customised
dialog boxes)
there's some links mentioned on that site (i've not looked at the links but
was just roaming around the site earlier and noticed them there).

with a msgbox you can get to the icons via the 2nd parameter
e.g.

i = msgbox("Do you want to update the
worksheet?",vbquestion+vbyesno,"Update?")

the vbquestion here will show a ? (you can also play with vbexclaimation /
vbcritical and vbinformation)

hope this helps, please post back if you'ld like further information.

Cheers
JulieD

"medicenpringles" wrote in
message ...

anybody know any good links for tutorials on Dialog Boxes? i need to
make one that asks the user if s/he is sure s/he wants to update a
worksheet and ask for the password to the worksheet.

just an experiment. i'm learning.

thanks much,
stephen

PS~also, can anyone tell me where to find the icons they use on error
messages in Windows?

--
medicenpringles
medicenpringles's Profile: