Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,comp.apps.spreadsheets,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Question: Cell formula or macro to write result of one cell to another cell

Excel-97 (SR-2)

This is a long term problem that I have with Excel.

I mostly write worksheet applications that have plenty of
user-configurable parameters up front. This is fine for interactive
work and what-if scenarios.

However many of these turn into situations where I then want to scan
through parameters where it would be nice to insert new values into
the parameter cells under program control (either via a worksheet
cell, or using a macro).

There are far simpler cases over and above this that could benefit
from this too.

So is there an implementation of

[G15] = Assign( H15, A15) // H15 = Content of A15 ?

The point being that I don't want

[A15] = H15

for reasons that several donor cells could write into A15 (I know this
raises the issue of precedence, but there could be a simple resolution
for this based on donor cell position).

TIA,
Fred.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,comp.apps.spreadsheets,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hard to understand what you want, but if you want A15 to tell the function
where to get the value for the argument

[A15] holds the string "B30:B40" (no quotes)

=Sum(Indirect(A15))
would sum the values found in B30:B40.

Perhaps that is what you are referring to.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

m...