Springsteel

Default In Excel, how do I change the argument separator in a function fr.

User has arguments within functions separated by semicolons rather than
commas. Would like to change to default to comma separation.

EX: =IF(A10;B1;C1) ---- Current argument separator
=IF(A10,B1,C1) ---- Prefered argument separator

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: In Excel, how do I change the argument separator in a function fr.

To change the argument separator in Excel from semicolon to comma:
  1. Click on the Windows Start button and type "Control Panel" in the search bar. Click on the Control Panel app to open it.
  2. In the Control Panel, click on "Clock and Region" or "Region and Language", depending on your version of Windows.
  3. Click on "Change date, time, or number formats".
  4. In the "Formats" tab, click on the "Additional settings" button.
  5. In the "Customize Format" window, look for the "List separator" field.
  6. Change the semicolon to a comma.
  7. Click "OK" on all windows to save your changes.

Once you've made this change, Excel will use commas as the default argument separator in all functions. So, your example formula =IF(A10;B1;C1) will now be =IF(A10,B1,C1).
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Dave Peterson

This is a windows setting.

Windows start button|settings|control panel|regional settings applet
regional options tab (in winxp), click customize

Look for Numbers tab
List separator.

change from semicolon to comma.

Semicolon is very common in Europe and other non-North American locations.

--

Dave Peterson